Sign Up for Public Programs Online
Follow These Steps to Register
Program information and registration links appear on our Classes + Field Studies page. For best results with registration links, we recommend using the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the name of a program to view the full description. At the bottom, see the "Register" button.
- Click that and enter the number of seats you want to purchase in the Member or Nonmember box. (Members receive reduced rates.)
- Follow the prompts, filling in all fields marked with a red asterisk, ending with payment information.
- After you've checked out, you'll receive an automatic-reply email receipt for your purchase. If you don't find it in your email box, please check your spam/junk folder.
- When you register more than a week in advance, you'll receive an automatic-reply receipt from online@NativePlantTrust.org. About a week before the program, you'll receive details (location, access link, etc.) from lschreier@NativePlantTrust.org.
- If you register less than a week in advance, you'll receive only an automatic reply email from education@NativePlantTrust.org containing the details.
- For live-virtual programs, save the email containing the access link, and click the link at the time of the program.
Paying, Cancelling, Wait-lisiting, Masking, and More
Q: To register for a program, do I have to pay in advance?
A: Yes. We cannot hold a seat without payment.
Q: What types of payment
A. Online, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and AmEX credit cards. We do not accept credit card information over the phone. We do accept cash, but only in person at the Garden Shop at Garden in the Woods.
Q: My employer will be paying for this class. How do I register?
A: We prefer that you pay out of pocket and seek reimbursement from your employer after receiving confirmation of payment from us. If this is not possible, please request an invoice from Native Plant Trust to your employer at least four weeks in advance, by emailing education@NativePlantTrust.org. Invoice requests should include your name, address, email address, phone number, name of course, and course start date; your employer's company name and address, and the name, email address, and phone number of a contact person at the company. Once we create the invoice, we will register you for the program(s) while we wait for payment to arrive by mail.
Q: Do I have to wear a mask for in-person programs?
A: While CDC and state recommendations say that vaccinated people are welcome to gather without masks, right now our standard remains that because classes are in close proximity for an extended period of time, and we don't know who is not vaccinated, we ask people to mask while indoors. Masks are encouraged but not required outdoors.
· If you are feeling ill, do not attend class
· If exposed, must report and stay off Native Plant Trust properties for 14 days
· Wear a face mask when in the Education Center or Garden Shop
· Try to stay six feet from other people
Q: I'm a Native Plant Trust member. Do I need to log into my membership account to register for a program?
A: No. You can manually enter information without using the membership account. Using your membership account simply speeds up your checkout because it automatically fills in some of your contact and payment information.
Q: What happens if not enough people sign up for the class I'm enrolled in?
A: If we do not meet our minimum enrollment we would inform you about cancellation by email and issue a full refund. We determine if a class will be canceled about a week in advance, so please sign up early if possible.
Q: What if I have to cancel after I've registered—can I get a refund?
A: You must cancel at least one week ahead of the scheduled program to receive a refund. We then issue a full refund. We do not give partial refunds, credit payment toward future classes, nor issue refunds after the program has taken place.
Q: Can I get on a waiting list if a class fills up?
A: Yes. When you click the Register button for the class, you'll see instructions about how to add your name to a waiting list if the class has sold out. We will contact you before the class to let you know if we were able to add you to the roster.
Q: Do you make video or audio recordings of classes available if I can't take them at the time they're offered?
A: No. We believe education is interactive, with instructors and students building a community and culture of learning. For this reason, we do not provide virtual program recordings.
Q: Why do you require us to sign a liability release when we take a program?
A: We take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of all learners, including hiring competent and knowledgable instructors. We respectfully ask that all who take our programs accept responsibility for their own safety while they participate.
Q: Why is an image release part of the registration agreement?
A: We want you to be aware that you might be photographed while taking one of our programs. If we were to plan a photo shoot with a professional photographer—and this is rare—we'd introduce the photographer to the group, and if you didn't want to be photographed, you'd wear a sticker to let the photographer know not to include you. More commonly, fellow students take informal pictures and share them, including on social media. This is difficult for instructors to monitor and control, so if you see another student photographing you and don't want them to do it, please politely ask them not to.